Adding FlashPCB Libraries in EAGLE
Step-by-step guide to getting the FlashPCB Libraries in Eagle
Philadelphia, PA - May 6, 2023
While there are many ways to add libraries to Autodesk’s Eagle, we will share with you what we think is the best way to add our libraries. First we need to get the FlashPCB Eagle libraries on to our computer then we will add that director to the search part for libraries in eagle.
We think the best way to access FlashPCB’s Eagle libraries is by cloning our github repository. We are constantly updating our libraries to add new components. Cloning the repository mean you can just pull the changes anytime you update your library.
Step by Step Instructions
- Download and install Github’s desktop application from https://desktop.github.com/.
- Open the Clone Repository Menu. File --> Clone Repository
- Navigate to URL tab and Paste our repo into URL: https://github.com/FlashPCB/FlashPCB-Eagle-Lib.git
- Copy folder location from Local Path
- Click Clone
- Open Eagle’s Control Panel
- Open Directories. Option --> Directories
- Append the Path copied from local directories to the library entry using a semicolon or navigate to the directory with FlashPCB’s Libraries by clicking in Libraries entry and then clicking Browse.
- Open a new Schematic File.
- Go to the Library Manger. Library --> Open Library Manager
- In the Available tab select all of the FlashPCB libraries and click use.
- Save the schematic before closing Eagle or starting a new design. We have found that the changes made to the Directories or the Library Mangers don’t always persist if you do not save a file.